Everyone has a person in their life that is a little wacky, spontaneous and best of all free. Some choose to distance or completely disregard this person, and others label them as idealist that can never really grasp reality, and then you have the smart ones who really embrace these "special" people. I have a "special" friend and although, I have always appreciated her and known how great of a person she was, I dont think it fully hit me until today. I know that I am going to embarrass the hell out of her but my friend, Robin embodies everything a person should be. As I gush and swoon over her and ride the line of being completely obsessive, let me just say that she has taught me the real meaning of living and to just be.
For the past few months, I have been having doubts about my life, where and what I want to make of it. In the past few months I've come decided a few things. And just like anyone else I have wrestled with the consequences, the pros and cons of these items. I have the friends that tell me to think practical or, even worst, the other type of friends that will give to you a false sense of comfort and support (Yes, it is false and as much as a person can denie it, you can ALWAYS tell) but Ms. Robin has always been behind me telling me to dive in, to take the leap.
I interpet her message as being to jump even with eyes closed because that feeling is always worth the fall. So this is my public, all embarassing, thank you to Robin. Thank you for showing me, whether intentional or not, that the only thing to regret is not acting. Worst things can happen but when you have great friends and family by your side, no matter the level of the risk, you always land on your feet and end up being fine. So with that I am going to go to Italy (and Spain), experience the world, follow my dreams, reach out to old friends, go back to my family, design a fabulous outdoor space, learn film production, keep reading, go crazy, stay firm and have fun! (guess, my bills will need to be pushed back a month LOL)
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you, Sou... teary eyed:( But very appreciative of your appreciation of my appreciation for you and our dreams:) Yes, don't ever let anyone tell you it's not wise to do what you feel is what you need to do to be happy and fulfilling. It's hard sometimes... I dwell on what other people think of me or my actions a lot and I know you do too. But I just keep reminding myself that I have one life (well, I actually think I'll have many, but only one as Robin on this earth at this time), so it ONLY makes sense to do what I want or what I need while caring for those whom I love, breaking the rules every now and then. You are that special person who knows that her dreams are far more real than what others force upon you as reality. You love, you care, you laugh, you cry, you detest, you scream, you fiddle your fingers, and you are TOTALLY going to make this world a more interesting place. Good luck and we'll both be updating eachother on our adventures!!
Post a Comment