Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reality?

Some of my favorite definitions:
1.the state or quality of being real.
2.resemblance to what is real.
3.something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.
My favorite is the third definition. How does reality exists independently when it depends on us, as people, believeing it as reality. Maybe my mind is too simple to understand.
Reality is something real? Something concrete? Something that I can touch, and see? Whats the difference between reality and something being "real". I think "real" "reality" is a very loose concept that is dependent on our state of minds. It is what we chose to believe. There is no real concept of reality. Does our past and even present for that matter come from reality? If reality is "real" when i can't touch it anymore, when I cant see it, where does it go? Is the present "real"? Well, you cant touch the past, present, or future. People say that you are made from your past and you are your present but if I can't touch these things, they aren't real (by definition) then does that mean that I cease to be real?

I think reality is a compliation of certain people's dreams and fantasies that others chose to live within. I think that we are all living in someone else's dreams. We are living in the dreams and the reality of the people that are the fabulous ones, the ones that never stop dreaming, the ones that refuse to conform to the dreams and fantasies of others. They are the stars and the rest are the supporting actors.
So who are you? Whos reality are you living in or are you the star?

"Reality" The must see movie of the Century. See it, believe it, be it.

2 comments:

BirdEtt said...

oooo... cosmic.
i like it and i agree. unfortunately, many people's dreams do not mesh so nicely, and those dreams that only include oneself often lead to the destruction or marginalization of others. we're all entering various degrees of reality and we're all more than marginally separated from reality as a whole. we're living, we're moving, we're making, we're destroying and whether or not it's what we had hoped, it's happening. so if we like it, how do we sustain it, and if we don't, how can we destroy it? i'm hoping i can do both in my lifetime. i think you will too:)

Ms. Sassy to You! said...

Very interesting. You know I've always been fascinated with the idea of duelism. I think thats the word but the act of destroying and sustaining something simultaneously. That could be another mind poke. Thanks Robin.