Monday, May 12, 2008

Waiting...

It's 2:27 am, on a Monday morning, and I am back in Seattle. I have so many different emotions running through me that for the past three days I have been trying to work through them and find some sense but the conclusion I have come to is...there is no sense. My decision to move back home was prompted by so many things... my family state, an unfulfilling job, and an incompleteness within myself. I left friends and my comfort zone to try and find some sense of place and of...me. But as I sit here, trying to pour out my feelings and thoughts, I am so unsure of anything anymore that a simple hold-on-strong mantra just isn't working (when normally it does).

I can't find a job, I can't find a man, I can't find my mind. I just need re-assurance, I need a drink, I need to hike, I need to run really fast, I need to forget, I need to move on, I need this damn ankle to heal, I need to figure out what I want from me, I need to scream, I need to just wait. I've been through all of this before, I know I have. But add years of experience that has thrown me into so many different directions, it's all new. I lived through them the first time and I know I will this time, so I just need to wait...but waiting is always the hard part.

1 comment:

BirdEtt said...

Sho' is. Don't wait, though. Just do all of those things. Don't wait for a job. Just do other stuff and because you applying and trying and are capable, it will come in no time. Just as long as you don't think of yourself as someone in waiting.
Love ya!
I'm in California right now. I probably won't have much time to call but as soon as I get a chance, I will. I'm thinking of you... thinking positively. I hope the energy flows straight to you.