Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Forever...

“It’s you and me. Moving at the speed of light into eternity. Tonight is the night you’ll join me in ecstasy. Feel the melody and the rhythm of the music around you. I’ll take you there; I’ll take you there so take my hand, don’t be scared I’m right here.”

I love this new Chris Brown song, “Forever”. The individual words are really simple and, let’s face it, there’s nothing special to them alone but together with his voice, the beat and the simply-not-so-special words take me to somewhere else. Somewhere free and all that exist is me. Just my physical self. No ramblings of my second self or other people’s opinion, no guilt, sin, or after thought. All that is real is the music and the dance floor. Everything is simple.

“It’s like I’ve waited my whole life for this one night. It’s gonna be me, you and the dance floor. Because we only got one night…”

Through all the changes in the past year, I almost got swept up in the drama, the choices, “finding myself” that I forgot how good it feels just to dance. The song only lasts for 4 minutes and 36 seconds but for that short time, I’m a kid again, carefree, untouched, and unspoiled. And ok, really,whose childhood really lasts that long anyways. I know only a few.

“It’s a long way down, we’re so high off the ground…Gazing in your eyes got me singing…I’m releasing my heart and it’s feeling amazing…There’s no one else that matters…”

Through all the stress, the day to day bullshit, the heartbreak and heartache, it’s almost worth it. To have these single moments, a song, a look, a touch, to remind us what it means to be young, indestructible, resilient, and fearless again.

1 comment:

BirdEtt said...

i love it. i'm glad you were able to feel free and dance. i miss dancing. i'm realizing a lot these days. i don't have it figured out but i think i might be on a decent path to living life the way i want to live it. you're doing the same i'm sure.xo.