Friday, September 19, 2008

My Life, Thus Far

TGIF! This week was a little boring but there were some highlights. First I think I have a head cold, and although I hate being sick, I really don’t mind because it’s just another excuse to cuddle up on the couch with a big comfy blanket, tell people to leave me alone and watch a movie.

I started a bootcamp/diet program on Monday. It’s going really well and I can honestly say I’m kicking ass. (Although, in the beginning of the week I was crazy sore.) I went to the Puyallup fair on Wednesday with one of my best friends, Niekia. I cheated and had two scones, a corn dog, and half of an Earthquake burger. I didn’t feel too good about myself after wards either. It was interesting seeing all of the kids and the families, I felt like I was a child again.

Follow that up with a crazy “The Cell” (Jennifer Lopez and Vincent D’Onfrio)-like dream with monsters, a really graceful looking bad guy, a lion and a lion cubs head. The dream was pretty wicked, but not as disturbing as one would think…hmmm…I wonder what that says about me. Well, I’ve decided to keep a little dream journal. I’ve always found that stuff pretty interesting. Plus, if I ever do start to get serious about screen-writing those would be great inspirations.

Speaking of screenwriting, unfortunately my funds won’t allow me to take film class this October. As the majority of my friends know, I’ve been feeling pretty stagnant with my post-grad life, so instead of just sitting around, I’ve decided to re-fresh myself with Thai, start sketching again, and buy one of those older hand held single shot video cameras and teach myself a few things.

I’m super excited about tomorrow. One of my other best friends, Karina and I are taking a Saturday adventure out to Whidbey Island. I’ve always lived in this area but have never been out there. So we are driving up there through Anacortes, stopping a brewery, going to a winery, visiting two of the beaches they have up there, and catching the ferry back to Seattle. I’ve just been itching to get out of the city for a while and just decided Tuesday to finally do it.

2 comments:

BirdEtt said...

yay! i'm so happy to read all of these exciting things. i like the dream journal idea and the video cam... i need to keep up with my photography and french. i CAN'T WAIT until november is over:) no more matrix. how was the island?

BirdEtt said...

Time to post something again. I want more!!!