Thursday, October 2, 2008

My "Ahh" Moment

I love the fall months of Seattle. The air is just getting chilly and crisp, leaves are starting to change colors, and the overcast isn’t heavy to the point where it’s too hard for light to fight through. My hands-down-favoritest, bestest part… the random moments of heavy rain showers.

Last week, while walking to the bus stop, I got caught in an unexpected down pour. At first I was a little annoyed because I didn’t have an umbrella or my rain jacket but after I realized my annoyance was over something I couldn’t control, I smiled. As I walked and people ran pass me to get under shelter I realized: My life couldn’t get any better than this, here and now.


Sometimes I say the wrong things, or, even better, do the wrong things. Sometimes the want of something you don’t have can begin to consume you, or the frustration of being “stuck” can endlessly taunt you. Or sometimes, God laughs and points at you for being stupid enough to walk out of the house in Seattle, in late September, without an umbrella or rain jacket but…hey, what are you going to do? As much as I want to change what was already done, or run away from choices I’ve made, the cold hard reality is…I can’t. Sometimes you have to just look up to that sky, let the rain hit you smack in the face, and laugh.

No comments: